Friday, February 5, 2016

20% Time 2015-2016

Yay! It's 20% time again! I'm so excited and a little bummed that we're getting a later start this year (last year we started in November), but I think it will help keep us focused and possibly give us a little more oomf in motivation to get projects done by May. Today we started out with our traditional (totally non-traditional) "Bad Ideas Brainstorm." Boy, oh boy, did my students this year have some horrible ideas for what to do with our 20% time projects! Here is a sample of what they came up with: staple all our fingers together, shank someone, dig a hole to China with a spoon, stick a fork up your nose, sleep, eat a desk, drive through a wall.... Yep, I sure am glad we recognized those as bad ideas! Of course, some of those bad ideas became good ideas. Some interesting ideas I heard today were write a travel blog, take self defense classes, and learn how to cook BBQ. I can't wait to see what these kiddos come up with next week when we start our project proposals.

No comments:

Post a Comment