Friday, March 4, 2016

Brain Space

Today is exactly one week until spring break. Even though student (and teacher) brains stop working during the few days before any school holiday, our 20% time brains are fully functioning.

I think students are finally getting their minds wrapped around these projects because I'm getting a lot of questions today like "Can I change my project to specialize in making Lacrosse sticks instead of writing a sports blog?" and "Can I work on my project outside of school too?"

These are exciting questions for me because it shows me that they're reaching a more realistic thinking zone in terms of their projects. They're really visualizing what the end result might be and starting to understand that to live up to their own standards, they'll want to work on their projects during times other than that I will be providing in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment