Friday, January 16, 2015

Conference Day

Today, I set a goal to meet with every student individually about their 20% time projects. I actually met it (minus the folks who were absent)!

I'm so, so proud of my students this week. I loved looking through each blog and hearing about their successes and struggles with their projects.

One exciting development that I hope will grow is that we set up a Google "Writer's Circle" for my aspiring authors, hopefully this will give us a chance to connect and share our work and get some extra feedback for those working on writing projects.

One of the things a lot of my students seemed to need help with is citing sources and getting permission to use materials. We're so used to copying and pasting and sharing pictures on social media now, that it can be hard to remember to take the time to give credit where it's due. Luckily, we'll be starting with our research papers soon, so we'll have plenty of resources to help make citations perfect!

This weeks highlighted blogs:
Ji Sung: Learning to play the piano after years away from it (truly impressive).

Learn about photography with Sarah Kennedy. I love the most recent post about taking pics of pets - I'll have to try this with my dog this weekend!

Check out a history of music with Tori. I think I'm feeling some classic rock on the radio on my way home today.

No comments:

Post a Comment