Friday, January 30, 2015

My Passion Project

Yesterday, Ji Sung asked me what I would do if I could do my own 20% time project. In a way, I am doing my 20% time by facilitating and monitoring my classes' 20% projects; but I knew Ji Sung meant more than that - he wanted to know what my passion project would be without the responsibility of mentoring my students during this time.
 

Today, I'm thinking an extra period for grading papers might be kinda nice... but I started talking a little about how I started getting interested in the concept of a 20% time project and I realized that this really is one of my passions (duh - right?) If I were doing "my own" 20 time project, it really would be researching 20% time information and learning more about the cool things teachers, companies, and people following their passions are doing.

So, yes, I have some restrictions so to say on my 20% time because I've committed to being a mentor to my students, but this is truly what I find fascinating! Plus, it makes for awesome story telling and bragging on my students every time I have dinner with friends, call home, or tell my hubby what my students did at school each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment